silviav8forums.com Forum Index

ls1 s13 GET MONEY drift build (with history)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    silviav8forums.com Forum Index » Build Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REVOisGO
Lv1 Member
Lv1 Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: ls1 s13 GET MONEY drift build (with history) Reply with quote

So, im on my 6th motor build in the past 3 years. i'd figure i would give you all a brief history of where this car and I have come from, and where its going:

I originally bought the car in 2007 in texas while i was stationed at an Air Force base down there for training. It looked like this:

spent 2700 and got ripped off. i had no knowledge of 240's, or cars for that matter, and payed way too much.

drove to dallas to get the car, and drove the car home from Wichita Falls TX to Illinois. blew a tire, chucked a belt, and overheated on the way home.

worked on fixing up the car when i got back. i was still a ricer kid that wanted something that looked like obnoxious drift cars on TV, so i spruced up the paint and it turned out like this:

next was some drift upgrades. got my hands on some tein flex coilovers after finding this when i put my car on a lift:

then i grabbed a set of used 5zigens and some flat black spraypaint (kept getting pulled over for no reason)

then, with what little knowledge i had of anything car related, tried to piece together a KA-T from a failed header that someone i knew made.

Yes that really is the header that was on the motor.....until it blew up a week later.

so, i realized how car stupid i actually was, scrapped the entire thing, and went back to N/A on a different SOHC.

then i got sent to iraq.

had my buddy mike do an sr swap for me when i was gone.

and then it looked like this:

got back from iraq, and started going to events. did this on my 4th run of the day:

fixed it kinda, and got back out on the track:

then started hitting up Indianapolis events because i liked the guys and the events were run well:

then i slapped this video together after attending 3 of their events:

and then fixed my stupid fucking exhaust

and then made myself a rollcage with no prior experience:

then, during the winter, i got bored and was like "i want to do an rb25 swap"

so i cleaned everything up, and finally got a chance to fix my front end. cut the front half out, pulled it into shape as best as i could, welded in tubs, primered and painted.

so then i put the rb25 in on custom mounts fabbed from a jgy base (FYI JGY Customs makes garbage for mount kits) and welded up all the intercooler piping. mind you ive never done anything this custom before. taught myself everything.

then all this stupid shit happened (WATCH THE LAST 2 THEY ARE THE BEST!!!!!!):

and then we made a website: www.getmoneydrift.com

then i got sent off to iraq AGAIN, and got the bright idea that i wanted to do an LS1 swap after seeing the success of my teammate's car. so, sold the motor, and started buying parts. thousands and thousands of dollars later, i have all the big stuff i will need, and i am ready to come home from this place![/img]

check out our website------> www.getmoneydrift.com
baker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yea!

slideways90
Lv2 Member
Lv2 Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to help the oil pan is on its way. and for god sake man tell your teammate to do something with that coupe its ugly.

REVOisGO
Lv1 Member
Lv1 Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he did lol. hes got a homemade front bumper over the bash bar in the front, which gives it a stock car look, but the rear bashbars are still intact. he comes from a dirt track background, and his car in gnarly already....he just emphasized it lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    silviav8forums.com Forum Index » Build Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: